Sunday, September 19, 2010

No plan

A little over a week ago I had thought that the main reason why things weren't going so smoothly was because the people being reached was too narrow a slice of the population.

That was my thought until a few days latter. I had read a post over in the SWAT Kats.us forum by a person who said that they were willing to work, but were uncertain what to do with the project. And I realized that I had no idea what to do either. There's no plan further than "get more people to know about this", and what should we do after that? The direction would normally be: get them to sign a petition. The problem with that is that ,insofar as reviving tv programs, petitions are next to worthless in getting them back on air. Sure there are stories of Jericho and Kim Possible returning thanks to the heroic effort of their fans, but for every hit there's probably dozens of misses. Petitions that are successful in getting a show back are exceedingly rare, that's why I started this. I wanted to do something that would be more proactive and have a better chance of succeeding than a petition. But I never had any idea what that something would be.

Now that I realize that there is no plan, I begin to wonder what will become of this project. Will something be found that can be worked with? Or, is this attempt fated to become failure like previous attempts? At this point, I have no idea which way it will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment